Glossa Houses is a licensed (Greek National Tourist Organization) holiday rental and real estate business based in Glossa, Skopelos Island, Greece. You can find out about us or contact us here.
Last updated: August, 14, 2018
What personal data we collect and how we use it?
In order to carry out our services we collect the following personal information:
- Contact details. We collect your first name, last name, email address and/or phone number in order to make cottage reservations, for real-estate inquiries and to communicate with you (when you initiate contact).
- Payment details and billing information. We collect your Paypal payment details and billing information when you choose to pay for our invoices by Paypal.
- Products or services you have used in the past. We keep records of your rentals and purchase history in order to offer discounts for future returnees and to comply with local laws.
- Products or services you are interested in. In order to carry out our services we keep records of your expressed interest in rentals, dates and real-estate.
- Marketing preferences. We record your preferences on receiving promotions and other marketing information from us.
- IP address. We collect your IP address and browser user agent string when you post comments or contact us via contact forms. This is done to help spam detection.
- Anonymous data on use of the website, such as pages visited, your IP address (anonymized) and country of residence. We collect this information in order to improve our services. The information is anonymized by keeping only a portion of the IP address, and is thus not personally identifiable.
How we collect your personal data?
Apart from website analytics we only collect personal data that you explicitly share with us.
- Booking forms that you fill out when reserving a holiday cottage.
- Contact forms that you fill out when contact us about reservations and/or properties for sale and/or general inquiries.
- Email and phone conversations with you when they relate to cottage bookings and property sales.
- Bookings or contact via 3rd party booking sites. We obtain your personal information, contact information, and payment details when you book our properties through Flipkey and Airbnb.
- Social media conversations when they relate to bookings, real-estate, or your marketing preferences.
- Comments. In order to post comments you will need to include your email address and name. For spam detection we also record your IP address and browser agent string.
- Website analytics. We have basic analytics to monitor performance of the website. You can optionally turn off this feature here.
An HTTP cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information (such as items added in the shopping cart in an online store) or to record the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past). They can also be used to remember arbitrary pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields such as names, addresses, passwords, and credit card numbers. [Reference: Wikipedia.org]
Our website, glossa-houses.com, uses HTTP cookies for a number of purposes:
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- When you set your website cookie preferences (required for GDPR) an additional cookie will be saved in your browser.
- Cookies may be set by third parties whose content is embedded in our website (including: Youtube and Google Maps), as well as whose services are integrated into our website in the form of sharing buttons. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
How long we retain your data
We retain your booking details (and the corresponding personal information you provide us) for five years after your stay. We retain real-estate purchase history indefinitely.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Who we share your data with?
We do not sell your personal information to or share your personal information with third parties.
How you can control your personal information?
You can request that all of your personal information be deleted from our servers by sending an email with the subject: PERSONAL DATA DELETION to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org We will delete all data apart from what we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can request a copy of your personal information from our servers by sending an email with the subject: PERSONAL DATA REQUEST to the email address: email@example.com
Our third party data processors
Embedded content from other websites
Data Protection Authority Offices: Kifissias 1-3, 115 23 Athens, Greece Call Centre: +30-210 6475600 Fax: +30-210 6475628 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org